However crazy Buzz Bissinger may have seemed during his anti-Deadspin, anti-Internet rantings on Bob Costas’s show a couple years back, he redeemed himself tenfold during last night’s even-more-embarrassing-than-expected LeBron debacle.
The man who gave us Friday Night Lights Tweeted a symphony during one of the worst moments in our collective sports history. I was going to live-blog THE DECISION, but Buzz did such a good job it rendered my commentary pointless. Some highlights:
- What is criteria for joining boys and girls club in Greenwich anyway? Income under ten million.
- 6 minutes to The Decision: Feeling good, vicodin percocet cocktail working excellently.
- Why are these say-nothing kiss-ass clowns on ESPN: why don’t they say what needs to be said. Wilbon has become insider pussy.
- SHOW THE FIFTH GAME AGAINST THE CELTICS!!! WE HAVE SEEN THESE CLIPS SIX THOUSAND TIMES. NO FUCKING SHAME BSPN. MELODRAMATIC TREACLE
- 14 minutes in: Broussard melting. Only thing he now saying for sure: LeBron not to Raptors.
- Did ESPN have LeBron in different uniforms? Things little blurry with the percocets. Couldn’t possibly have pulled such high school stunt.
- LeBron content to play second fiddle to Dwayne Wade–where is the guts? I am serious. He just is not tough. Doesnt want to lead.
- Completely blew off Cleveland. I thought he would be emotional. Never gave a shit. Won’t even commit to Akron. Just said he might move.
- WHERE THE FUCK IS BROUSSARD? HE DID MELT.
- And he is right–it is time for him to move on. Cleveland has Kerry Wood, what else do they want? Selfish bastards.
See Buzz’s Twitter page for the full pageantry. In my eyes, BB has gone from a national embarrassment to a national treasure. The opposite of LeBron’s journey, perhaps?